TABLE OF CONTENTS FRONT PAGE NEXT ARTICLE PREVIOUS ARTICLE
DEPARTMENT OF EPIDEMIOLOGY
Susanne H. Wolf
Research associate, Wolf has received a staff excellence award for taking on the "many challenges associated with study implementation with enthusiasm, creativity and elegance" and drawing upon "substantial organization skills, requiring the orchestration of people, data and budgets."
DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY AND LABORATORY MEDICINE
John F. Chapman, Scott E. Kilpatrick, Frances H. Rountree
The department recognized three employees with teaching and distinguished service awards.
* John F. Chapman, professor and director of the Clinical Chemistry and Core Laboratories, received the Philip M. Blatt Award for excellence in resident teaching in clinical pathology.
* Scott E. Kilpatrick, assistant professor and associate director of Surgical Pathology, received the Frederic B. Askin Award for excellence in resident teaching in anatomic pathology.
* Frances H. Rountree, administrative secretary for the Division of Oncologic Pathology and for the Environmental Pathology Training Program, received the Margaret O. Gulley Award for Secretarial Excellence.
FRANK PORTER GRAHAM CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Evelyn Atkins, Mary Jenne
Secretary in the Child Development Behavioral Science Division Atkins and Assistant Director of the Child Care Program Jenne have received the center's 1999 Gallagher Awards.
* Atkins was cited for "her calm and understanding attitude in dealing with often difficult situations, her understanding of the value of the work we do here and her commitment to excellence."
* Jenne was recognized for "her willingness to go beyond the usual responsibilities of her position [and] her ability to negotiate the bridge between the two worlds of researchers and child-care staff."
KENAN-FLAGLER BUSINESS SCHOOL
Six professors have been awarded the title of Distinguished Scholar in recognition of their outstanding contributions in research, teaching and service. They are:
* James W. Dean Jr., Master's of Business Administration Program associate dean and management professor;
* Stuart L. Hart, professor of strategic management and head of the schools Sustainable Enterprise Initiative;
* Albert H. Segars, professor of management;
* Douglas A. Shackelford, Master Accounting Program associate dean and professor of accounting.
* Anil Shivdasani, professor of finance; and
* Valarie A. Zeithaml, professor and area chair of marketing.
Table of contents
To UNC-CH Home Page